How Jazz Music Is Created & Styles It Consists of
If you want to listen to African American music then go for Jazz music. This is an independent kind of music that mostly links what African American is all about that started during the 19th century. Jazz music uses on the polyrhythms, swung notes and blue notes. Since its birth, it has been known to be an American original kind of work. It has the quality music that gives different possibilities in music. But jazz is really a music of its own kind.
Jazz music is a combination of music which is blended well with African American and European music. As this was always related to festivals and hymns. African rhythmic pattern were formed through body rhythms like clapping and stomping. European music has a swing pattern that can make people listen and dance to the beat. A strong combination of both traditions is a reminder to people that this is a music for the racist society and the oppressed.
What are Jazz Styles:
Different styles of jazz emerged from the music scene.
These are the following:
- Hot Jazz – this usually uses drum, bass and banjo to name some instruments.
- Swing – belongs to classic era. An invigorating music. This is a dance music that allows people to dance
- Gypsy jazz – a mixture of swing, with instruments of guitars and violin
- Vocalese –it is in composing and singing the lyrics in recorded solos
- Cool – a mixture of swing that harmonizes
- Free jazz –also known as the avantegarde. A free music that is innovative.
- Groove- focuses on the rhythm and has tones from blues. It has a continuous kind of rhythm that expresses joyful emotions.
- Afro-Cuban Jazz –is also known as Latin jazz that has rhythmic moves. Instruments consists of piano, guitar, conga and bongo to name some.
- Acid Jazz-it consist of traditions, has funky music style of jazz
- Jazz Rap – has same heavy beats like rap that has a mixture of sophisticated jazz
- European – music that is created in the past
- Ragtime –these are traditional songs that shapes the music. It depicts and enthusiastic, vibrant and extemporaneous kind of music.
- Classic Jazz-is a lively music that has a combination of blues, melodies and hymns
- Chicago style – is the improvised music
- Kansas city style –a soulful kind of music
- Bebop – it has a melodic music that differentiates itself from swing and dance
- Mainstream –it has the influence of classic , cool and hardbop. This is the historical style kind of jazz.
- Hard bop –it is a soulful and is sophisticated kind of music
- Modal – this is useful with the guitarist and pianists. Most common in church modes that has an interval in common tones.
- Bossa nova –a classical harmony and has a samba rhythm and seductive kind of Brazilian beat. It has a hypnotic rhythm guitar.
- Soul jazz – the most common and popular style of jazz
- Fusion – mixture of rock, jazz and world music
- Post-Bop- has a mixture of punk and groove music.
- Smooth Jazz-most commonly jazz style that is almost same as swing
- M-Base – a creative expression of music for the young generation
With all these kind of jazz types, you can always listen to every genre of music in jazz. As this kind of music is not a pain to the ear. This is pleasant to listen and has a nice upbeat sound. One can always go for jazz music. Everything in music is possible when you listen to jazz.